Effects mentors 12 months Project-Oriented Diploma course in 2-D Animation is designed to help you become a 2-D Professional Animator in animation industry.
- Flash Animation
- Classical Animation
- Stop-Motion Animation
Title: 2-D Animation Diploma
Duration: 1 year (2 Semesters)
Course content include:
- Intermediate 2-D Animation : An introduction to the development of personality and emotion in animated characters is explored. Students will produce an animation of a character expressing emotions and also will work with multiple characters to increase the level of complexity.
- Advanced 2-D Animation : In this course, building on the study of personality and emotion in character animation, students are responsible for organising the elements required to finish an animated short.
- Observational Drawing : This course involves the observation and translation of three-dimensional form into two-dimensional drawings. Starting with simple shapes and progressing to more complex organic forms, students will build skill levels in composition, line quality, through the use of tone light and shadow.
- Image Manipulation : In this introduction to raster-based digital image manipulation, students become acquainted with the concepts, hardware, and software, related to digital image acquisition, image editing, manipulation, color management basics, masking, layering, retouching, scanning and output.
- Language of Animation & Film : Students explore fundamentals of animation through a historical survey. This course will consider trends and genres of animated film in a variety of media
Life Drawing & Gesture In this introductory course on drawing the human figure, students will continue developing their drawing skills. Course will focus on an interpretation of the human body, based on major masses organised by gestural line. Line of action, gesture, motion, measurement, and foreshortening will be covered in this course.
- Principles : Students will explore and implement the principles of animation through projects that emphasise analysing real-world movement, adapting that movement for the animation medium, and creating the illusion of life.
- Drawing & Anatomy : Students will continue to develop drawing skills and will focus on basic anatomical structures of human and animal forms.
- Character & Object Design : This course focuses on designing and drawing characters or objects for animation using line to accurately delineate the form. Attention is given to appropriate proportion and form for an animated character or object. Characters and objects are created using various media.
Acting & Movement for Animators The course is an introduction of acting as a tool of research through studies of animated movement. Characters’ personality, expression, motivation, body language, and posture will be studied through classroom exercises in a variety of media.
2-D Animation Students will apply animation principles to produce a sequence. Emphasis will be placed on timing and performance. Use of various image acquisition techniques, pencil tests, inking, and other 2-D animation skills will be explored.
- Story-boarding & Animatics : This course focuses on applying industry-standard story-boarding techniques for animation. Topics to be covered include the various purposes, formats, terminology, and concepts used in the creation of storyboards and animatics with audio.
- Advanced Illustration for Production : Students will refine their illustration techniques through an advanced study of illustration media while solving design problems related to a variety of print and online venues. Personal style will be emphasised while students create an illustration portfolio using appropriate rendering techniques as well as typography. Deadlines and professional presentation will be stressed throughout the course.
- Portfolio for 2-D Animation : This course will focus on the refinement of previous work into a comprehensive collection representative of Character Animation skills. Emphasis will be on development, design, craftsmanship and presentation. This course begins the process of examining the student’s strengths and building upon them to produce a marketable portfolio.